Beta ready. The games V1.0 is ready with core foundations now set. Players won’t be able to fight, it’s the most basic form of treasure hunting Planet-X will ever see. The aim is to finalise the X-Droid movement style + scanning mechanics.
• Interactive monsters added [WIP]
• Mothership speaking to players via radio [WIP]
• Ability to die [completed]
• Death animation [WIP]
• Monster types scattered across map locations [WIP]
• Life and shield [completed]
The hunt just became more dangerous. Now players will have to look out for monsters on Planet- X which have the ability to eliminate them from the hunt. The most difficult aspect here is to balance the monsters to make them scare and challenge players but not to overpowered with their killing abilities.
Intro to map & gameplay
• Spaceship drop for start of hunt
• Fighting with weapons
“Ready Player One” activated. This is where the true dopamine kicks in. Players now have the ability to kill each other and steal loot. Monsters, enemy players, and Planet-X’s environment now play a part in the hunt!
• Loot boxes added
• Contain weapons, health packs, shields, battery packs
• New items added to store - UAV, revive potion, guns, grenades and other gadgets - Dropping loot animation when player is killed
• Pick up enemy loot
• Extraction when a player has found prizes
This is when major weapons and items get added to the store allowing for much more competitive hunt. Players will gain the ability to be super strategic in the way they hunt and play by purchasing items they suit their playing style.
• Vehicles added
• Teleport pads added
• X-Droid bases added
There’s now a better way to get around. Ground Vehicles will be added to the in-game store to allow players to get to attraction faster and also back up team mates during the hunt.
• In depth caves, rivers and buildings added - Swimming ability added
• Climbing ability added
At this stage the map will become a lot more in depth, with buildings to explore, high rise hiding places for chests and treasure at the bottom of lakes. The adventure just got stronger and X- Droids have new movement abilities to handle the new terrain.
Scenario development P1
• Solar winds in game scenario added
• Treasure chest drop in game scenario added
This is the beginning of in games scenarios which bring more excitement to each hunt. Each in game scenario will be different meaning players have to be strategic depending on what’s happening in the environment.
Scenario development P2
• Treasure chest re-surface in game scenario added - Loot box drop in game scenario added
• Rogue meteor in game scenario added
Further in game scenarios built to elevate the excitement of Planet-X
• Flying spaceships added
No longer will there be just land vehicles, the battle is now taken to the sky. Different kinds of flying spaceships will be added to the in-game store allowing players to manoeuvre the map in new ways.
Lobbies & Game types
• Regional lobby updates added
• Level hunt lobbies added
• The lost key game mode added
Lobbies will be expanded to be regional instead of globally, allowing for better timed hunts in each location. This will allow the Planet-X brand to launch global hunts in different timezones allowing for player expansion.
For the Mothership to take passengers to Planet-X the engine fluid needs to reach the optimal level.